We are committed to protecting your personal information. This page, together with our terms and conditions for this site, set out the basis on which we will process any personal information we collect from you or that you provide to us.
We only collect information about you that:
- helps us make the website work better for you
- shows us how you are using the site, so we can keep improving it.
Parts of the site may ask you for more information so that you can use services or complete transactions. You’ll always be told when this information is being collected. In many cases you’ll be asked to enter it – for example, an email address for correspondence. This information will only be used for the purposes stated.
The information we collect
We collect the following information from people visiting the website:
Your IP address and which web browser (and version) you use
Information on how people use the site, using cookies and page tagging, to help us improve the website and our services
What are cookies?
How we use your information
Any information we collect is used to:
- improve the content and design of the website.
Links to and from our website
When you come to our website from another website, we may get personal information about you from the other website. Read those websites’ privacy policies if you want to know about this.
Cookies can be categorised from their life span:
1. Session or temporary cookies: these cookies expire when you close your browser or when the session times out.
2. Persistent or permanent cookies: these are usually stored on your hard disk and survive across multiple sessions but have a longer expiration date.
As a rule, cookies will make your browsing experience better. However, you may prefer to disable cookies on this site and on others. The most effective way to do this is to disable cookies in your browser. We suggest consulting the Help section of your browser or taking a look at the About Cookies website which offers guidance for all modern browsers.