Trail for The Water Cure
Click on a hotspot to find out more
99 Steps, Rose Bank Gardens
View of Belle Vue Terrace
Malvern Museum is housed within the Priory Gatehouse. Built in 1480 the Gatehouse has been extended many times, but the original porters ‘squint’ (a slit for viewing visitors before opening the door) and the large oak gateposts survive.
Anne Darwin's Grave
Anne Darwin was the second child and eldest daughter of Charles and Emma Darwin. She was taken to Great Malvern in the hope that her poor health would be improved by the Water Cure, but sadly she died aged 10 in Malvern and is buried in the Priory Churchyard.
Built around 1848, Park View was originally built as a Hydropathic Water Cure Establishment. When the 'Water Cure' fell out of fashion the Park View became the County Hotel. It was also later used to accommodate Royal Radar Establishment apprentices.
This plaque marks the place of the Chalybeate Well which was used by visitors for medicinal purposes in the 18th and 19th centuries.